The Sony Xperia Z3+ (or Z4, as it’s known in Japan) has been the subject of much attention for a few weeks now, as many felt the device to be anything but the handset they were expecting. While the global roll-out formally began last week, customers in the USA looking for the device are limited to the Verizon variant which, admittedly, has more than a few improvements. Those Americans looking for the standard Z3+ can now do so at Amazon, where a few individual sellers are now listing the unlocked device, both Single and Dual SIM variants, for around $ 670.
It should be noted that as orders for this item are not fulfilled by Amazon, the device may (or may not) ship from within the USA, and returns are handled by the seller as opposed to Amazon. Those interested should make sure to read about buying from marketplace sellers as well as ask any relevant questions before purchasing. The model number is listed as E6553, and works with GSM carriers only, so Verizon and Sprint customers will need to look elsewhere.
The Amazon product description lists the following specifications:
- 5.2-inch 1080p FHD (1920×1080), IPS display sRGB 130% TRILUMINOS 700cd brightness X-Reality for Mobile
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz & Quad-core 2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 64-bit CPU; Adreno 430
- 32 GB Internal Storage, 3 GB RAM, supports microSD up to 128GB
- Camera (Main): 1/2.3″ 20.7 MP Exmor RS, ISO12800 Photo/ 3200 Video, 4K video capture and output Steadyshot with Intelligent active mode; Front: 5 MP, Exmor R, 22 mm wide angle, Steadyshot with Intelligent active mode
- Nano-SIM, works with GSM carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile etc.), 4G works in US
The Japanese model has already seen notifications about heat problems with the device due to the inclusion of the Snapdragon 810. Sony itself made a public statement about the issue, and supposedly it has already begun to update the Z3+ to address the potential problem. Still, the Xperia Z3+ is a solid, premium phone with an absolutely fantastic camera and is well-worth considering if you’re in the market for a new device.