How can I use my fingerprint to unlock my Galaxy Note 7?
The Galaxy Note 7 features a lightning-quick fingerprint scanner which lets you unlock your device with just a touch of the Home key. If you decided not to add your fingerprints during the initial setup, you’ll be happy to know it’s easy to add a fingerprint — or two, or three.
How to add a fingerprint on your Galaxy Note 7
- Tap to open Settings from the home screen or app drawer.
- Tap Lock screen and security.
- Unlock your phone with your unlock pattern or whatever method you’ve set up. This is a security check to make sure no one else is able to add their own fingerprint your phone.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to place your finger on the home key, then lift it off.
Keep placing your finger on the home key in different orientations until the meter reaches 100%. The more different parts of your fingerprint that your phone can scan, the quicker it will be to unlock your phone.
- Tap Enable to allow your fingerprint to unlock your phone.
- Touch the Home key to confirm, or tap Close.
Tap Add fingerprint if you want to enable another fingerprint to unlock your phone.
Adding additional fingerprints will let you unlock your phone regardless of which hand you’re holding it in, or make it easier to unlock your phone if it’s laying on a table.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- The latest Galaxy Note 7 news!
- Here are all four Note 7 colors
- Complete Galaxy Note 7 specs
- Join the Note 7 discussion in the forums!