Hulu nowadays announced that you can download shows, films and entire seasons for off-line viewing.
There is, however, a catch. Or several attracts, that is. Here’s the deal:
- It’s available today for iOS devices. Google android is coming later.
- And you’ll need to have the $11.99-a-month program that gets rid of ads.
- And you can only download up to 25 things over five different gadgets.
- And you have to watch those techniques within 30 days.
- And anything you’ve already downloaded will certainly expire 48 hours after you’ve began watching it. After that, you’ll have to “renew” it — if it’s still obtainable.
So to recap: You are able to download things to watch offline. However, you can’t do it everywhere yet, and you also can’t hang onto them forever. Much better than nothing, for sure. But also perhaps a bit more restrictive than you’d expect within 2019. On the other hand, Hulu has brand new corporate overlords by way of Disney, therefore lawyers are gonna lawyer.
Ain’t the future great?
Also to reiterate — this is perfect for iOS only right now. That means cell phones plus tablets — specifically, iPhones and iPads — which makes sense, considering that those are the kinds of things that can most likely be roaming around without having internet service, on occasion. Android support can be coming later.
All the particular Hulu, none of the ads
If you want Hulu without as much advertising — and the opportunity to download videos to watch offline — this is the plan you’ll need to get.
We may earn a commission rate for purchases using our hyperlinks. Learn more.